Houston-HUGE Estate Sale- Massive Tool Shop
(03-16-2017, 08:42 AM)Redman Wrote: Same days as LN hand tool event in Houston.
Wink

So are you going early?  Might be some goodies there
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I went this morning about 9:30am.  It opened at 8:00am but I had to drive 50 miles all the way across town and knew I'd miss out on the prime goods.

According to the guys working there, there was a line down the block at 6:00am.  When they opened two hours later, the first person in line said, "I'll take all the planes." Before they could even respond, it was a free for all with people grabbing them left and right.  They said most of the planes were priced around $150 each.  Pretty much everything was gone in 10 minutes of frenzied activity.

They still had the old Minimax table saw with a Vega fence for $2,600 and the Delta DJ20 for $1,250.  Otherwise it was just little odds and ends plus a bunch of different shaper cutters.

I managed to spend all of $6 on a few sanding items.

Public Service Announcement - Whoever bought the Delta shaper forgot the router bit spindle.
Wow alot of great toys.  I love estate sales.  Used to go to alot of them but haven't had the time lately and frankly none have been advertised lately worth making the effort.  The ones that offer that best deals are when they do a poor job on the description and you have to look at the pics like a detective and figure out what's there.  I went to one where the description of the pic was nothing more than measuring tools but if you knew what your were looking at you could tell they were Bridge City tools.  They were just caked in dust so they didn't look anything special but they cleaned up with nothing more than a rag with some mineral spirits and I got them for a few dollars each.

Hope someone here got some nice deals.
(03-16-2017, 01:35 PM)deepcreek Wrote: I went this morning about 9:30am.  It opened at 8:00am but I had to drive 50 miles all the way across town and knew I'd miss out on the prime goods.
I don't even bother with situations like these, too much aggrevation and 9.5 out of 10 times you end up with bubkes.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
To me on the first day its over price,on last day whats left has the best prices.I've gone to several estate sales,just not that many deals anymore,the second party has to make money so to me better deals are on CL's if you can put up with the scammers.I was going to go just to check out the drill bits and the shaper slider but have to much to do around the house.Plus I was afraid that the locals would call the police and then comes all the wrecker drivers.Just not worth it,but I still like going to them if local.If you guys went,how was it and any bargins?????Carroll