attaching table top
I am making a kitchen 44 wide and 60 long table top.  I was thinking about how I am going to attach it to the curtain rails.  I have several glued up walnut boards.   I am aware of options to allow for expansion.  I was just wondering if anyone gave any though of using a silicon bead along the top of the curtain or a few beads here and there that is about as hard as rubber and will stick to wood.  Do you think there would be enough movement to allow expansion and not break the seal?

Pete
The part I have concerns is most people grab the top and lift the table from there to move it.   Is it strong enough for that.    Roly
use something more substantial like z clips bought or shop made 

People grab tables and move them using the top

It tends to make a mess if the top and the base separate 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

you can use the figure 8 fasteners

[Image: 312lE4opLPL.jpg]

https://www.amazon.com/Knape-Vogt-Desk-F...B0006FKSA6
Like Joe said store bought, or home made They generally involve a slot made somewhere so the hardware fits, and at least one screw per attachment point Space them around the entire perimeter of the top.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The lab cabinets I posted about a week ago.....  I fastened those plywood/Formica tops with screws through corner blocks that were glued and screwed on the inside of each corner of the base.  I thought about using just a single screw in each corner, then decided it would be better to use two, just in case.  Sure enough, when I delivered them the guys pulling them off the van picked them up by the ends of top and carried them away. 

I have to say, attaching the tops with any form of adhesive never crossed my mind.  

John