Ceiling bright white paint recommendation
Typically it's 400 sq ft per gallon. I have a two car garage with around 11' ceilings and i went through 5 gallons pretty quick. The valspar will be fine in the garage but I wouldn't use it inside the house(their semigloss is the worst paint I have ever used) 

If you really want tto go cheap you can buy 5 gallon buckets at the habitat stores but it's recycled paint. Though I can get fresh paint for less if I go to the other side of hell i mean dallas.
so  I called sherwin williams they have an exterior satin on sale e3 gal for 100 it is a100 it was his idea to go exterior paint like recommended here 

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeown...ylic-latex
In interior colouration theme using white paint might be a bit painful afterwards since, need to be maintained well enough.
I think I will buy the sherwin williams a100 exterior paint. I was going to do this myself. I was going to use a roller.
I have a person who has given me a preliminary bid of $400 to paint the walls and ceiling with the exterior white paint. This is a 3 car garage is $400 reasonable and can the job be done by spray?
(03-27-2017, 01:50 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: I think I will buy the sherwin williams a100 exterior paint. I was going to do this myself. I was going to use a roller.
I have a person who has given me a preliminary bid of $400 to paint the walls and ceiling with the exterior white paint. This is a 3 car garage is $400 reasonable and can the job be done by spray?

I will take him longer to clean up that to paint assuming the garage is empty. To me $400 to paint paint a garage with you supplying the paint is way too much and here a homeowner would laugh at a bid like that. But it all depends on where you are, here there is allot of cheap labor and they are fast.
If this is for 2 coats then I don't think it's unreasonable. I wouldn't worry about spraying either but I would ask that the walls be back rolled after spraying the material on.

Wink 
In NJ, it would be $700 for two coats.  Labor must be cheap in TX, at least until the wall goes up 
Laugh.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(03-29-2017, 06:58 AM)Admiral Wrote: In NJ, it would be $700 for two coats.  Labor must be cheap in TX, at least until the wall goes up 
Laugh.

Yup lots of cheap labor here tx is the main  recipient of people from California that can't afford to love there anymore as well so yeah lots of cheap labor in every field. Pay in the trades and any business is much lower here than much of the country.  Can't wait till we can move, just too many people here now.

But with two coats 4 hrs between coats and $400 a day for pay that's a heck of a days pay. And he has time to go work on another job as well.
Cost of living is a lot lower in TX too.  Here in NJ, I pay property taxes in the low 5 figures, then income tax to boot.  Local property taxes fund most of the education budgets.  Also, permitting and approvals for construction are insane here; I did work here on land use approvals for guys from El Paso TX to build a truck stop back in the 90s, and they couldn't believe NJ; they said in TX you just take the site plot plans down to the county, pay your $150, and get them approved same day.  In NJ the process took 18 months!

As they say, TX is a whole 'nother country!!
Smile
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(03-29-2017, 01:14 PM)Admiral Wrote: Cost of living is a lot lower in TX too.  Here in NJ, I pay property taxes in the low 5 figures, then income tax to boot.  Local property taxes fund most of the education budgets.  Also, permitting and approvals for construction are insane here; I did work here on land use approvals for guys from El Paso TX to build a truck stop back in the 90s, and they couldn't believe NJ; they said in TX you just take the site plot plans down to the county, pay your $150, and get them approved same day.  In NJ the process took 18 months!

As they say, TX is a whole 'nother country!!
Smile

True. Texans don't like overbearing buearocracy. Our property tax is 2400/yr sales is 8.25% but many fees are higher here. The city gets about a $500 chunk of that to burn any you get nothing in return for it where we are. No road improvements no water or sewer improvements no storm sewers, basically they haven't touched anything since the 1940s  when this area was developed. But we do have 3 massive parks and one golf course all rarely used as there is only a short time in the spring and fall they can be used. Too hot in the summer.  But compared to states we are looking at moving to its the same amount of taxes in the end just allocated differently. Never live in city limits if you can help it.

If you are building in an unincorporated area (not in city limits) you don't have to do much no permits etc but everyone builds to code anyway. No one is trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes here,everyone does their stuff like it should be no matter where it is. But in places like Plano it's it's a bear. You can't use red on your commercial building because they don't like the color and it goes on from there. Basically that area is little California.