Moving bandsaw?
Moved a 14 SUV in the back of a Ford Escape. On it's back with the table and motor removed. Was able to unload it out and tip it up by myself. Would do it again. Would think a 16 not much worse.
Ag
If it's a long distance move in a moving van or truck, then I would keep it vertical and secure it to the wall so it cant move. You can take the table off if you want, it will make it a bit easier to move by keeping it a bit lighter. I would also do that if you are worried about the table trunnions taking too much stress. On older Delta 14" saws, those trunnions at made out pot metal and fairly fragile, but If yours are steel or cast iron, should be fairly sturdy.
Never understood the fuss on moving bandsaws. 

When I bought my 17" shop fox, I removed the table, slid it into my SUV on the spine. It was fine. 

When we bought the new house, I had a dock truck, so left the table on, and it was up right. Put tools around it and was fine. 

I'd say use some common sense, dont overthink it and you should be fine.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

My Laguna 18" saw arrived on a pallet standing up in a truck. The motor and the table were both off and packaged separately. It was secured to the inside of the truck through an eyebolt in the top of the saw. There was a big sticker pointing to the eyebolt that said, "For securing the saw during shipping ONLY. NOT FOR LIFTiNG!." Mounting the table was a two-man job.
(03-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: My Laguna saw came standing up. My MM 20 came on its back on a skid. Like John said  either will work fine as long as it is secured so it will not fall over. down.

Yup either way works well. Now moving my 36" antique bandsaw is not fun... Take the legs off the wheels off and it's still super heavy piece by piece...