Technique for resawing on a table saw?
Not a big deal.  Use a push block that will push both side through at the same time.
(03-19-2017, 03:18 AM)Herb G Wrote: I have a standard 10" table saw. I want to split a 2 X 4 vertically.
In other words, I want to saw a 2 x 4 in half and
make 2 pieces 3.5" X .75" thick.
Problem is, the piece of wood I want to split is only 12" long.
It is not a piece of a longer board.

How would you split this?
I was thinking of raising the blade to 2" high, then making 2 passes,
flipping the board over after the first cut.
That way, my hands would be protected from being cut.

Any problems using my method?
Something I am obviously missing here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

That's the way I would do it. Using a push block, in the right hand and a piece of wood in the left, to hold the 2 x 4 against the fence.
Use a low tooth count ripping blade.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(03-19-2017, 08:54 AM)gMike Wrote: I do this fairly frequently.  Make the cuts in several passes raising the blade each time.  Leave a half inch in the middle and use a handsaw to hack the pieces apart.  This technique is perfect for a pull saw and goes fairly quickly.  Use your preferred method to flatten the sawed faces.

+1. But, only four passes required at most with a sharp 10" ripping blade and you can do it without using the band saw or a handsaw. And, be prepared to lose width, You will never get .75" out from a 1.5" thick board. Figure 5/8" at most after thickness planing to "flatten the pieces".
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.