Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL
Found this on CL yesterday .  Picked it up today for $500. We will see how I like it.
Laugh

[Image: 20170319_124323_zpsxmbbrl12.jpg]
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(03-19-2017, 03:25 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: Found this on CL yesterday .  Picked it up today for $500. We will see how I like it.
Laugh

Well, I love mine and use it all the time.  I bet you will too.
You got a very good deal on that, and buying those things used is the only way I'll buy Festool products. Good deal!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Doesn't  look like a grizzly to me......   

I'm not a festool fan however that is the #1 tool of theirs  I would like to have.
Love, love, love my Domino.  No other tool I have saves me more time than my Domino.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
You got an excellent deal on it.  I love mine.  Use it far more than I thought I would. Recently built a shoe cabinet with all of the joinery made with domino reinforced miters, case and drawers.  Looks great and it was very easy with the Domino.
Sounds like a solid deal.

I've looked at getting one a half dozen times, but never pulled the trigger. Not sure what I would use it for in my shop. For $500 id probably figure something out . 
Laugh

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(03-19-2017, 08:16 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Not sure what I would use it for in my shop. For $500 id probably figure something out . 
Laugh

That was my thought.  The 2nd person in line was offering the seller $600 to let him have it.  Luckly the seller stuck to our deal(his asking price).  If I don't like it then I can definitely sell it and not loose any money.

That being said,  I find that the trim stop is pretty lacking in build quality.  I guess I will wait for RTS to get something in the pipe.  Everything on the website seems to be out of stock.  All of the cutters are pretty worn.  I guess I will look at CMT. I am guessing 6 and 10 will be the most used.

I am still going to keep my Jessem Dowling jig and my PC and Ryobi detail biscuit jointers.  Everything has their place.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(03-20-2017, 04:22 AM)CARYinWA Wrote: That was my thought.  The 2nd person in line was offering the seller $600 to let him have it.  Luckly the seller stuck to our deal(his asking price).  If I don't like it then I can definitely sell it and not loose any money.

That being said,  I find that the trim stop is pretty lacking in build quality.  I guess I will wait for RTS to get something in the pipe.  Everything on the website seems to be out of stock.  All of the cutters are pretty worn.  I guess I will look at CMT. I am guessing 6 and 10 will be the most used.

I am still going to keep my Jessem Dowling jig and my PC and Ryobi detail biscuit jointers.  Everything has their place.

I can't imagine you not liking it.  Initially, I thought like you but as much as I use it for joining, I have found uses for mine past just joining.  I used it to make slots to attach a solid top to allow for wood movement and other things too.

I have never used the trim stop.  I use all three sizes of cutters but probably the 10 the least.

I sold my biscuit joiner.  I really couldn't think of a reason to keep it.  I still have a doweling jig but haven't used it in a LONG time for doweling.  I did used it recently but not for a dowel, just for a centered hole.
The cutters are suppose to last a very, very long time. But when I bought mine ( a very well used one for more than you paid) I bught the CMT cutters thinking the ones I had were shot. That wasn't the case, but the CMT cutters are just as good...in fact I think I read somewhere that CMT is making the Festool OEM bits.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.