Monday Blue Light Special..Snakewood<<SOLD>>
I am having a terrible time trying to post pictures!!!!!!!!!
Upset  
Upset  
Upset  I will keep trying but can't promise anything..This new  forum software hasn't worked well for me at all!!!!!
Upset

This is a piece of beautifully figured Snakewood from Surinam, measuring 11/16" thick, 1 7/8" wide and 20" in length. It's probably sufficiently large enough to make several knife scales or grips for handguns..The thickness of 11/16", should be thick enough to re-saw in half for the grips or scales...This wood is so hard that merely buffing it will produce a super high gloss which really pops the grain...It is difficult to work with hand tools because it is so hard, but the results are worth the effort...And because of that density, with ALL snakewood, there may be natural checks etc that will need to be filled with crazy glue, and I want to make that clear... {I have never seen snakewood that didn't have some minor checks or didn't develop them later}.The crazy glue will seal and make any check practically invisible....The wood is rare which makes it desirable and one of the world's most expensive woods...Pictures cannot do it justice...If you have a need for it, I am selling it on the forum for $50.00 plus actual shipping. It is the last piece of it I have...USA sale only, {sorry}... Paypal only...Thanks for looking.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I'll take it! PM on the way.

Lonnie