PSA: Beware Bessey Clamps on Amazon
I've been getting a ton of price drop alerts about Bessey clamps on Amazon today. The prices are ridiculously low (like $4-$5 for a typically $40 clamp), but upon investigating I've found:
  • The clamps are shipping from Korea.
  • The different sellers (yes, that's multiple) are using personal sounding American names rather than business names
  • They are all brand new with no seller history
  • Their profiles are all the same

Now, I may be doing the sellers a disservice here and they may be totally legit, but I've got warning bells going off all over in my head, so I won't be biting. Buyer beware.
Jason

Noticed the same thing going on when I researched blueberry phospate. Actual names used for the co names. Some were .10 for 6# bags + shipping. Shipping from china with a 2 week wait.
I didn't bite.
Crazy
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Unless it's one of the light duty clamps I buy the Besseys made in Germany.
Don
Got a link? I have looked at a bunch of bessys  there and couldn't find any priced like that. Course I wasn't looking much at the light duty f clamps as they aren't anything special and any will do for the most part.
What kind of clamp?  Bar?  F-Style?  Parallel?  A lot of Bessey's are now made in China.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
How do you go about getting price alerts from Amazon ?

Thanks
I noticed a similar issue when looking for carving chisels. Brand new seller, listing it as "used - like new" for 50% off retail. When I emailed to ask questions the listing got removed.
(03-21-2017, 07:32 AM)digger Wrote: How do you go about getting price alerts from Amazon ?

Thanks

Google Camelizer. It will load into your toolbar, then will only open when on amazon.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Interesting issue.

I just came across this $600 tent for under $100:  Flying Diamond 8
[/url]
[url=https://www.amazon.com/Big-Agnes-Flying-Diamond-Camping/dp/B0021AUOO4]
Uhoh
(03-21-2017, 10:39 AM)Anak Wrote: Interesting issue.

I just came across this $600 tent for under $100:  Flying Diamond 8
[/url]
[url=https://www.amazon.com/Big-Agnes-Flying-Diamond-Camping/dp/B0021AUOO4]
Uhoh

Also a 75.84+1.60 shipping.
Raised
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020