Walnut TV Console
So I have a lot of questions here and down in finishing and got some great ideas from you all. This is finished and will be delivered this week.  The biggest problem was pocket doors that would fit inside the case. I made up a mock door to figure it out. We can make all the drawings we want, but sometimes a full side mock up is the only way to actually see how it will work out. 

This is the finished cabinet. Not the best picks as I was using my cell phone and did not have any help around to move the cabinet.

[Image: TV_Consol_5.jpg]

With the doors folded and slid into the case.  Ignore the unfinished poplar cross members up there. They will not be seen at floor level, but in retrospect, I probably should have finished them. I will take a foam brush and get some stain up in that panel gap. 

[Image: TV_Console_6.jpg]

Finish is GF Antique Walnut gel stain. It warmed up the walnut and evened out the tone difference from the panels and frame. Followed by seal coat shellac, vandyke glaze, and several coats of Minwax Oil Modified Water-based poly.  I have been using this minwax product on a lot of pieces and really like using it. Actually used it on my stairs and after more then a year, there is no noticeable wear.
Beautiful cabinet, Scoony.  I really like the clean, simple lines and the finish.  Most TV's these days are likely to hang way over the sides, however.

John
This was sized for a particular spot and TV in the customer's house.
Nice looking case with clean lines.  The inset handles keep the front flat.  Good touch.
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.
Fabulous John. Nice piece. I see you got the doors back and out of the way. Is that a piano hinge? That finish is very warm, it will make that piece look like it belongs. Very nice.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(03-21-2017, 04:38 PM)Steve N Wrote: Fabulous John. Nice piece. I see you got the doors back and out of the way. Is that a piano hinge? That finish is very warm, it will make that piece look like it belongs. Very nice.

Yes, I used piano hinges as I was worried that those center joints would be the weak area after cutting the doors in half. The piano hinges ties the rails and stiles together just in case.