A simple segmented pen
I have seen a few pens shown here so thought i would post one that I finished today. I was finally able to get in my shop after my back went out on me a couple weeks ago. I finished up a blank for a pen I was making. This is a Sierra Vista chrome kit with a black acylic and aluminum celtic knot that i made. Spun it and polished to a high shine. Thanks for looking and any questions or comments are always welcomed.

Attached Files Image(s)

John T.

Cool  Sleek looking.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Elegant and yet simple.  Nice, nice job!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Well done on the fit and finish John.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very pretty. Is that knot a specialty blank that you turned?
[attachment=1716 Wrote:EvilTwin pid='7448386' dateline='1490095402']
    Very pretty.  Is that knot a specialty blank that you turned?

Not sure what a specialty blank is. But I made this blank from black acylic and cut the celtic knot design in it and filled with 1/16" aluminum. Glued that in place using epoxy. Then spun it round and finished and polished it. 

I added this to a series of pens I have been making that I use black acrylic and aluminum.

Attached Files Image(s)

John T.
A specialty blank would be one of those premade blanks you buy and just turn.  Since you are making these yourself, if you have some pictures of the process I would love to see em.  Especially how you get that aluminum into position and how you form it and position it in a mold.
I love that look. 
Cool
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Beautiful pen. Info on the celtic knot would be appreciated
The joinery on your segments looks perfect. Nice work.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.