Fly Tying Desk - Ideas needed
Here is one from Orvis, I have seen this it is very functional

Fly Tying Desk
That desk looks a lot like the 1950's version that Mr Mahanna had, except his also had double wide drawer stacks instead of the grill work on the base sides. Also his stacked top was probably 3 sections of that, it was quite tall, but then I was a lot shorter back then, being 8 or 9. I know he had Bamboo rods, and a lot of other Orvis fishing paraphernalia. So it's possible his was an Orvis desk/work space.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I made this one years ago.
Its about 14x20
Sits on table top
Could probably find the plan if it suits you

[Image: workshop048.jpg]
For The Love Of Wood
It would be nice if the OP would come back and provide a little more information about the design he wants. Or maybe show some examples of what he likes. I'd have a go at designing something to suit and a plan for building it would be easily developed from that.
My materials are kept mostly in locking bags and then into see-through storage containers. At the end of a typing session those materials need to be stored to keep critters out of them. I like Dara's design possibly with space below for stacking various sized containers. Tight lines!