Full blind fingerjoint box PIP
Have gotten the box done enough that a PIP can be done...As for those hidden joints?

There is enough showing, that this is something other than a palin old mitre joint....Got the double bead made, and the two beads sawn apart

so, here we go.

The front view...

The "plain" top,,,,,

And the brass hinges.  I did come back and brushed out the sloppiness.   Will let this sit a while, at least until it stops stinking up the shop,  before I rub the finish down. 

Twas a fun little project, thanks for the idea, Arlin..
Big Grin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Looks like you had fun.  Sometimes it's more the journey than the destination.

That said, no one will see the effort.  Miter might as well be the method, and often is, splined for strength, keyed for looks.  The regularly spaced combs are, of course, the child of machinery.  As many have mentioned, hand work normally features dovetails, though not the regular ones made with machines.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Unique. Cool!
Cool
Bandit

What does PIP mean?

Also I really like the beading on it
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Progress   In   Pictures?  
Yes

Grooves were a way to hide the opening of the lid.
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that