Smoothers and a jack
As always all have been precision ground and are no more than .0015 of an inch out of being perfectly flat. The sides have been ground with the same care and precision and are also ground square to the bottom. The would make a good choice of a plane for shooting board work. 

I touched up the plane irons on all of the planes.  It helps with sharpening, It doesn't require any lapping but  a lot of people will still do it. The top on. some of the earlier irons needed a little help after about 100 years or so. I also flatten the backs at the cutting edge . It helps the blade to make full contact with the frog and I feel it helps reduce chatter.

Because of the grinding time and such, and the fact that most want to sharpen their own planes I don't sharpen. I try to keep my cost low as possible but I do offer a sharpening service for $10 extra.

The shipping cost, which needs to be added to each of the planes is $14 priority mail to anywhere in the country. That is a 2-3 day delivery with a tracking no. Since it is flat rate more than one can be shipped in the same box.

First up is a bailey #3. I haven't had a 3 in quite some time.  I don'e know what to say about it. the rosewood have only a little wear and tare. The japanning is all but prefect and it is in better than new condition. I am asking $75 and if it don't sell I will keep it for myself it is that nice.

Pictures

[Image: DSC03191_zpssl9zo9s1.jpg]

[Image: DSC03192_zpsvk2vhk8k.jpg]

[Image: DSC03193_zpsfu9g5jdy.jpg]

[Image: DSC03194_zpstoyxugci.jpg]

[Image: DSC03195_zps8pgkh7eq.jpg]

Next is  bailey #4. The japanning is at least 97%, but not as shiny as the 3. The knob and tote are I think rosewood but would need to be refinished to be a show piece. As a user it will make anyone happy and you can't go wrong with it. Asking $75 plus shipping. I can do $150 for both shipped.

[Image: DSC03196_zpsmeybshby.jpg]

[Image: DSC03197_zpsypbmguie.jpg]

[Image: DSC03198_zpsdp8hc6zr.jpg]

[Image: DSC03199_zpstqs2hmaq.jpg]

[Image: DSC03200_zps7zmhra8q.jpg]

Thanks for being interested.

Tom
Because of a lot of pictures I have to do it this way.

And last is a Miller Falls 14C, a Stanley #5 size.  Out side of a little chip in the japanning at the tail the whole plane is in all but new condition. It just looks nice. It is just like a clean car they drive nicer.  Because of the 2 piece lever cap, I think, it is a better plane than Stanley Bailey's but that is just my opinion. It is worth more but I would like to sell it so I am only asking $85. plus shipping.

[Image: DSC03201_zpsapzd2glr.jpg]

[Image: DSC03202_zps82p1ppeq.jpg]

[Image: DSC03203_zpsdzil0gcp.jpg]

[Image: DSC03205_zps2rec7tss.jpg]

[Image: DSC03204_zpsr6rnwb2r.jpg] 

Thanks for looking.

Tom
The #3 is sold.

Tom
Well done on the planes Tom they look wonderful.  I do have one Miller Falls and they are great planes but mine is not as clean as yours.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin,

I have a 7, 6, and the number 22 (5) Miller Falls pictured here and they are all right up there in the new category as far as looks go. And yes I think MF is a better plane than the Bailey but certainly not as popular. I like to think I am in the user market as far as cost inters in and not the collector market as some of the high dollar ones are.

Anyway I find it a lot easier for me to pick up one of mine and use it day in and day out for whatever comes along. Verses a $325 one that I would try out and then let it set on a shelf and save it for the one special time.

Anyway the MF is going to make someone very happy, great plane.

Tom