Back in Blue

After almost nine years as a moderator here, I've decided to hang up my green outfit and go back to regular blue.  I hope this will give me a little more time to actually participate as a member of the forum, especially in Hand Tools.  I've got a couple interesting projects in the works that I hope to share here in the coming weeks.

WoodNet has always been a very special place for me.  I wouldn't be half the woodworker I am now if it had not been for a lot of generous, knowledgeable forum members who took the time to share their experience and encourage my efforts to learn this craft.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
  Re: Back in Blue by Bibliophile 13 (After almost nine ye...)
Thanks for doing a thankless job!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
http://www.metaltech-pm.com
Ditto. It takes lots of behind the scenes work to make something like this a success. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Thanks for your work.  I moderate over on WoodCentral, and it's easy most of the time - it's a similarly strong, mostly well-behaved community - but the times it's not easy are no fun at all.
Hello Steve;
Thanks for diving in and being here for us.  Some of us remember it was not so smooth back then....  We appreciate it!  Carol still asks me from time-to-time how your girls are doing....  say hello to them from us here in Texas!  Look forward to see you posting more projects.
Skip

Change is constant.  Thank you for all your work as a moderator capacity and looking forward to the knowledge you'll share as a "member".  Smile

Frank S in IA
Thanks, Boss; and break a leg. Er, wait ... wrong passion. May everything work out well for you.
Thanks for your work.  But you're still Green!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yeah, I don't know why I still have my green hat on.  I expect it will go away soon.

Skip, I still think about you guys sometimes.  Remember that cedar slab I got from M&G?  I finally made something out of it:

More pictures here on the blog.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(03-22-2017, 12:26 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Thanks for doing a thankless job!

+1
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.