Looking for 3" wide blade
Howdy, anyone have a source for 3" or wider plane blades? I have a coopers plane that needs a new blade. I thought Hock made them that wide but checking their site it looks like 2-5/8" is as wide as they go. Thanks.
Ken
Call or email Ron Hock, he does do special orders and can likely fix you up.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
That's a jumbo blade. When you find the blade I hope you also find an apprentice who can wrap a rope around the plane and tug.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Ah, good call. I didn't know he did custom sizes. Of course, it might be hard to use the plane after giving Ron an arm and a leg.
Smile

Cooper's planes are usually 4-6' long and freestanding. Think of a really long jointer plane on a stand and the butt resting on the ground, sole up. The wood is run across the blade as opposed to the blade running across the wood, as in a hand help plane. 

Thanks. I send an email.
Ken
And what, pray tell, are you going to use a cooper's plane for? Are you making barrels or something?
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
In another life, I made barrels of cash, but I digress
Smile 

Wistfully,
Chris
(03-24-2017, 12:53 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: And what, pray tell, are you going to use a cooper's plane for?  Are you making barrels or something?

Yup. Mostly buckets right now and fixing barrels but barrels from scratch are , oddly enough, on the bucket list.