10% Off Powermatic Machines & Accessories
Hi Guys,

We are running a 10% Off Powermatic Sale that starts tomorrow. This sale will include Machines and Accessories. Here’s a 
link to our Powermatic page that you can use tomorrow.

Some exclusions will apply including the following products (1797000, 1797001, 1797003, 1797004, 1797005, 1797006, 1797022K & 1797024K) as Powermatic doesn’t typically like to discount their newly released machines.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them.
Jeanne
Buy discount tools online at www.tools-plus.com
Check out our Facebook page
I have one, why is the Powermatic 1791264K Model 719T 1 HP Tilt Table Mortiser PLUS Stand $1274.99, but then without the stand it's $53 less, but then if you try to buy the stand afterwards its like $440 I don't get it.
That is the way PM does things and I was puzzled about it a few years ago to.

I should also mention that Jeanne is not part of PM but works for Tools plus which are great folks and taken care of me really well
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I guess I'm missing something here-you buy the mortiser and stand as a combo and it costs less than the total of buying the mortiser and the stand as individual items. Who doesn't price their products that way?
Yeah you are missing something, everyone does do that price policy, but my question is why the hell wouldn't someone buy the stand. It's a $53 difference between the no stand version and the stand version, but then if you go to get the stand later its $440 that's a bit extreme and who at $53 extra isn't going to take the stand, even if you didn't need it you could use it as a cabinet under a bench or something.

Why price something so stupid or give a discount so small, and you can't say "oh well, some people might want to save a little extra money off" it's a $1400 mortiser, $53 is more the cost of one premium chisel bit.
So the discount is now small? I thought you were complaining because it was too large ($387)? What do you suggest Powermatic do-raise the price of the combo?

Either way, I find it hard to believe why someone who has recently joined this site and has thus far only posted in the S&S is so snarky to a long-time member dealer that by all accounts that I can recall is a pleasure to do business with, and has noting to do with how Powermatic sets its pricing.
Greg and Arlin,

Thanks for nice words.

UpstateNYdude,

I'd be happy to answer your question. We as a Powermatic dealer do not set sell pricing for their machines. We'd like to note though that we do what we can to accommodate our customers (WoodNet customers especially) with their woodworking needs.

Another important note we need to make is that many of Powermatic's machines that we sell we drop ship from their location in TN to the customer's address (this is true for many dealers).

Now regarding the mortiser, Powermatic prices the mortiser this way because they want to highly encourage you to purchase the kit. One of the reasons for this is that the mortiser will need to go truck freight on it's own pallet since the mortiser alone is 271 lbs and is too large for UPS/FedEx. It costs Powermatic very little to add the stand onto the pallet with the mortiser and therefore saves them a huge amount of money. Another reason for the close pricing is the mortiser is more stable on the stand its designed for and it visually looks better as a kit than using a competitors stand with their machine.

Than why would Powermatic even offer the stand separately if its going to be $439?

They don't really want to sell the stand but understand that A) a customer may of bought the table top and now needs the stand for it or B) the customer has damaged their stand and is looking for a replacement.
Jeanne
Thank you Jeanne, my question wasn't meant as anything but a question and I apologize if I came off as accusatory in my original question, but you answered exactly what I wanted to know and I appreciate it and I've since placed an order for the PM mortiser (with the stand lol).

Again thank you Jeanne!
No worries! I encourage questions in all of my posts and I'm happy to answer them with as much information as I can obtain.

I saw your order come through for the mortiser+stand. We appreciate the business. WoodNet members are very dear to us and I've had a lot of great conversations with some of you over the years.

Just a heads up to everyone that today is the last day of the sale.

At this time, Powermatic does not have another sale planned (that we know of) for the rest of the year.

Here's the link to our Powermatic page.
Jeanne