SOUTH MISSISSIPPI HARDWOOD SOURCE
Does anyone know of a good source for walnut, cherry, and maple in south Mississippi?
I am new to the area and having trouble finding a good place to buy.
Thanks.
You may want to try Acadian Wood Products. I live in central ms. and they deliver to me from Little Rock Ar. I think they have a place in la. also that might be closer to you .
Good folks , $25 delivery fee and $300 minimum  order , they carry anything you need . I've always been pleased with their lumber , especially the cherry.
They deliver from Little Rock for $25??

I pay $50 to have my supplier bring mine from the other side of Birmingham! (About 28 miles)
-Marc

I just went back and looked at an invoice I got a couple of weeks ago and delivery is actually $20 not $25 . They have several drops in this area so I'm sure that has a lot to do with the low cost . I am located about 240 miles from the supplier . No complaints here !
Yep. When I lived in Slidell, LA, they were my lumber source of choice. Always high quality product at very reasonable prices.

I shopped at the store in Abita Springs. Not that far from South Mississippi.
chris
Thank you very much, I will give them a try.
(03-25-2017, 01:52 PM)GSENT Wrote: Thank you very much, I will give them a try.

These are the folks I'm referring to http://www.acadianhardwoods.net
chris
I know this is a bit north, but there is a guy in Greenwood that advertises on Craigslist selling beautiful cherry, walnut and cypress slabs. Very good prices. I'm up in Madison.
Eric
We just came from my dads place around November in Valley Alabama and he had some black cherry. We only had room for a small bit. So what happens? I set it out to dry off in the warm dry air. My metal/trash guy thought it was trash I was going to haul off.
Thanks.
I called the guy in Greenwood, he is a bit far.  Thanks again.