Honey dippers
Haven't posted anything in a while. Here are some mason jar honey dippers. I make quite a few of these, especially this time of year.

[Image: lids4.JPG.46b35244ff8cf5f11fb66e95fb684682.JPG]

Mostly maple and cherry with some white oak or hickory here and there.
Steve K

Those look great,what finish did you use?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Steve

Did you put the lid in the center or did you use the PSI kits.  By the way I like what you did to the tops of them alot
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice work!

I too want to know how you imbellished the tops.
Thanks. The finish on them is 2 coats of shellac, sanded,  and then three coats of Target coatings EM6000 water borne lacquer. The original "artwork" is mine, done with Inkscape and engraved using a cheap Chinese laser engraver.
Arlin, I don't know what kits you're talking about? Did a search on the PSI website and didn't find anything similar.
Steve K

(03-25-2017, 05:00 AM)Steve K Wrote: Thanks. The finish on them is 2 coats of shellac, sanded,  and then three coats of Target coatings EM6000 water borne lacquer. The original "artwork" is mine, done with Inkscape and engraved using a cheap Chinese laser engraver.
Arlin, I don't know what kits you're talking about? Did a search on the PSI website and didn't find anything similar.

Steve I like your art work,imagine how good it would be if you had a better engraver.Keep up the good work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Here you go Steve

https://www.pennstateind.com/mm5/merchan...=mason+jar
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-26-2017, 01:04 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Here you go Steve

https://www.pennstateind.com/mm5/merchan...=mason+jar

Thanks Arlin, had no idea. Guess I didn't find them because I searched for "mason jar honey dipper"? I will say, I have made a few hundred of my version over the last two years. That's given me a good idea what it costs me to make one without a "kit".  Basically all a guy needs is a lid that fits a mason ja
Steve K

Looks good.  I may have to try that.
Are they just friction fit like the PSI "jam chuck"?
I had thought of using canning rings and epoxy them in.  You would still see most of the wood on the inside.

(03-26-2017, 03:17 PM)NCPaladin Wrote: Looks good.  I may have to try that.
Are they just friction fit like the PSI "jam chuck"?
I had thought of using canning rings and epoxy them in.  You would still see most of the wood on the inside.

Thanks! Early on I did some with canning rings but I didn't care for them and thought they might be hard to clean. I had kind of forgotten about the idea and then I stumbled on to these
My local Ace has them $3.99 for a box of eight so they're not real expensive. Just in case you're interested here is how I do them. Actually, I've changed my process some since I made this video but it will give an idea at least 

Steve K