I need more power from the dust collector
Dust collection
Dear fellow I have made in China made dust collector hooked up into 5 ports. I think it is ok but I want more suction and more power I do not want to buy new one I already purchased that for $290.00 two years ago. Has anybody tried to get more suction from their  dust collection or make a modification. My dust collection power rated for 1500 watt
ahmed

Do you have closing gates on each port ?
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

yes i do have blasting gate at the end of each device

Most dust collectors are pulling the most they can with whatever size impeller/motor/filter they come with. It's not likely you can get the machine itself to do more, though sometimes improving the filter (usually larger, or changing bags to a canister) can improve the air flow somewhat by relieving some backpressure. If your ductwork is small (10cm +/-) you may getting as much air as possible anyway. But larger ductwork will allow more air, and smooth long radius elbows...here in the states we often put 2-45° with a short piece of straight pipe between them to make the turns a little more smooth.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Light up a cigar or a smoke stick and check how much good those gates are doing you when closed.  Might as well check the piping, too. 

Most shops put the collection transport up, out of their way, but gravity would rather see things come down.  Also slows pickup of larger pieces.  If yours is up top, reexamine making a floor passage among machines and check out a couple with the pipes down.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51JK40f...e=youtu.be

this is the setup i have in workshop

I agree with what Michael Mouse said...

You could move the main line you currently have to the floor, against the wall, and the only riser would be the one going to the table saw, which I would put at the begining of the main header.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas A. Edison
(03-25-2017, 11:04 PM)alsayyed Wrote: Has anybody tried to get more suction from their  dust collection or make a modification. My dust collection power rated for 1500 watt
ahmed

If it's 1500W output (most of the world), it's 2 hp (North American rating), which isn't bad.  I would suggest you take a current reading (amperes) with the blast gate(s) open for whatever tool you need more air movement from.  Compare that to the nameplate rating on the motor.  That will tell you how close to the maximum continuous output of the motor you are working at.

That info will give a general direction to make improvements.  Hopefully you have an ammeter, even a cheap one, to make this measurement.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Not familiar with the brand that would be going by the color of the dust collector but those are sold under many names. Might want to measure the impeller because if it's re small one like the harborfreight units have it can be upgraded by replacing it with the one from rikonRikon which is a true 12"(iirc). That will improve the airflow but anything past that you will need a bigger machine.
(03-26-2017, 08:41 AM)alsayyed Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51JK40f...e=youtu.be

this is the setup i have in workshop

Watching your video several times (super helpful, by the way), I can see that you have the standard 5" wye to two 4" legs, with only one leg to your ductwork.  First thing I'd do is take off that wye and put either a 5" (better) or 6" smooth-walled flex to your fixed ductwork.  I don't know what size the PVC network pipe is, but the last leg to the dust collector is too small, and it's corrugated on the inner wall.  The blower outlet to the bag tree is 5", if it's like all the other 1500W units out there.

To put a 6" flex on there, remove the round inlet plate on the blower, and make your own out of plywood, with a standard 6" round stub of duct.  You can make your own out of some sheet metal, and taper the end with a duct crimper tool, or alternatively use a block of wood with a vee groove cut into it and a matching wedge, tapping with a hammer to put the crinkle in it (before you roll it into a cylinder).  But the end of a store-bought snap-lock duct section is easiest.  Maybe a short bit of PVC pipe if the larger flex fits over it.  Perhaps even taper the end of the PVC on a lathe if you can.  Something like that.

But you've got to open up that first section of duct, and if possible, the outlet too.

I got about a 50% increase in air flow when I built my own cyclone, but opened the inlet to the blower (to 9", which matched the outlet of the cyclone), and also opened the outlet to 8" flex.  I send the exhaust out the window instead of to filters, and that helps, too.  You might want to consider also replacing the filter bags with 'oversized' fine-filtration bags with 1 micron rating.  It's hard to tell from the video, but those look like the standard 5 micron or larger dust-pumpers.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"