what do you think?
Don't care much for Delta's paint design back then. I guess you could repaint it another more modern look.
OK it is in the shop now. I actually offered more money but was refused. He set the price and stuck to it. He also mentioned he could have sold the saw at least 25 times since I committed (at that price no wonder). I first ran across the ad last Tuesday and he said it was mine if I could get there by today. It was about 100 miles from me so LOML and I  made a  day out of it. Had a great pulled pork sandwich for lunch coming home 

It has Made in the USA stickers on it so I have to assume it was actually made here.

Dual voltage 1 hp Delta motor , heavy duty rolling base, riser block, and cheap fence. I will have to make a blade guard, the one on it is not the right one and no longer available.   

I ran the saw before I loaded it and it is tracking properly and ran smoothly with no hiccups  starting or stopping. 

I have the saw in pieces more or less, saw and base separated (base is somewhat cleaned up) top door off and sort of cleaned up (the goop on the door was PL200) it is coming off slowly, lacquer thinner is softening it ) The blue paint is coming off with lacquer thinner... lots of scrubbing ahead though 

I will order a table insert and a new tension spring (Iturra) in the AM and a few new blades, finish cleaning it up and put it all back together. 

I already have a late 70's 14" Rockwell BS; I have to decide which one to keep. I believe I know already
Smile

Will post pics once I put it all back together 

Thanks for helping make up my mind
Wink

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Nice find, did the previous owner offer what was up with the blue spray paint?
(03-27-2017, 07:32 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Nice find, did the previous owner offer what was up with the blue spray paint?

Tried to protect it on a job site with the PL that held a sign. I think the workers sprayed the blue paint to get even
Upset

I did not see the sign where the PL was but it was as I understand it pretty straightforward and left nothing to chance
Big Grin
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

That stand, pretty as it may be (other than the paint) is surprisingly flimsy for its intended purpose.  I had one once and found the saw itself rocked back and forth way more than I liked.  The top of the stand was too thin and the sides weren't much better.   I put the saw on an old flared legged stand from the 1960s.  Solid as a rock.  It made a world of difference in stability although it looked less sleek.  I prefer the hinged doors of the newer design for blade changing convenience.
Ok it's official, we saw a pic, and a price, so YOU SUCK
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(03-28-2017, 12:53 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: That stand, pretty as it may be (other than the paint) is surprisingly flimsy for its intended purpose.  I had one once and found the saw itself rocked back and forth way more than I liked.  The top of the stand was too thin and the sides weren't much better.   I put the saw on an old flared legged stand from the 1960s.  Solid as a rock.  It made a world of difference in stability although it looked less sleek.  I prefer the hinged doors of the newer design for blade changing convenience.

I am not concerned, if it wobbles more than I want I will throw a plywood bottom in it and add a sandbag or two 

Still cleaning 
Sarcasm

Looks like it was vandalized.

Good buy tho.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Why sell 1?  One for resaw, and 1 for curves. Hate changing blades!

It would be interesting to hear your opinions on 1 saw vs the other.
(03-30-2017, 07:39 PM)pirate2 Wrote: Why sell 1?  One for resaw, and 1 for curves. Hate changing blades!

It would be interesting to hear your opinions on 1 saw vs the other.

I have  MM16 for resawing 

once I have them both up and running I will do some comparing and let you know though I doubt there will be any real subtle differences other than height