Complex Curve Cutter Jig - Anyone have any knowledge/experience?
Anybody have any knowledge/experience with the "Complex Curve Cutter" bandsaw jig?

It looks interesting, but how well does it really work?

http://convexcurve.com/band-saw-tool.html

Billbo
No experience with it but it looks to me like a glorified circle-cutting jig.
Here's a video on U-Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5NUUyWJ8o
Thanks for the YouTube link - very helpful in evaluating this product.

A few years back I build a (simple) band saw curve cutting jig to be able to cut a given radius on cheery stock for a bow front end table.
- I needed to cut the top, cabinet frame front, and drawer fronts to all be the same radius.
  -- I cannot cut curves that precise free hand hence the need for a jig for accuracy and repeatability.

Although I could build jigs for future curved projects, I like the CCC jig's design and ability to quickly adjust and hold the work piece.
Having already had the experience of building and using a jig for radius cutting on the band saw I see the CCC jig as well designed/thought out.
- It's only negative is that it can only handle a 14 inch wide piece on the horizontal axis.
  -- However for box work 14 inches is adequate.

$170 isn't cheap, but it's a good design and may be worth buying at the upcoming "The Wood Show" here in Atlanta this weekend - especially if they offer any deals (discount on the price).

Billbo
Billbo, let us know how it looks in person when you are at the wood show and if you get one. I would be curious on how it all pans out.
So did you end up buying the jig? I fell asleep several times trying to suffer through this old Guys video. Bless his heart you can tell he is 110% behind his baby, he is just not a public speaker. My hope for him is someone close to him tells him he needs a spokesman. I can visualize an Alex Snodgrass (Mr Bandsaw Reindeer) type doing the demo on these, and there would be a line of people buying them up.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Solid idea. Instead of selling them one by one....he should approach Rockler and license it or sell it outright to them. It's screaming Rockler jig......

I do like it though.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Actually looking at the color choices it's almost as if he was trying to lure them. I agree, he needs to get hooked up with somebody. Selling a million for a little less will make him a lot more $$$$$$ than selling a few hundred himself. Still think less explaining, with more, and quicker doing is going to be the key.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
If you make a lot of boxes of that general type with curved sides of various radii, it might be worth it.  But clamping of workpiece to the jig seems limited, and could be improved for a commercial product.  At the moment it seems to require two parallel flat faces, and clamps between slick surfaces without direct clamp pressure.  Small work could shift.

Making a simple jig from two sheets of plywood, a nail to pivot, and a few blocks screwed on to position stock is very fast and more versatile.  They are not durable, and mine have been repurposed after use.
Nice concept ... but, it needs work.

Wish him luck ...