Pine Table Project
Ok, where was I?
Wink 

I place the top on the bench, marked out for rounding the corners...

Set the top on the bench, good side down. attached the base with the screws.   Then, while  the mess was up where I could work on it..

I got out the Infamous Witch's Brew and 1st coated everything from the underside of the top to the tips of the legs..

About that top:  I decided against a breadboard edge, as there was plenty of overhang as it was.    I set a square to 1-1/8" and set the aprons back from the edge of the top.   Screws in the center line/kicker do not need to move, but the ones in the corner blocks do, so they are sitting in slots to allow the top to move a bit.   Top is left plain, except for the round corners.   And now...maybe a PIP?
Cool

Had to take a picture of the top this way, as the glare from the lights kind of wipes it out..

See what I mean ?
Rolleyes   I left the drawer open a bit, to allow it to dry..

Will let this sit for a day or two, until the BLO smell leaves the shop.
No

Hope I didn't bore anybody.....just a simple bedside table....
Big Grin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Not boring at all.
Winkgrin 

But, tell me the workbench story. Surely you have a story for that worm eaten top on that bench.
Not that it's a bad thing, just curious.
Winkgrin 
Did it fall out of a shipwreck? Floated around the Caribbean and got a suntan for 20 years?
Winkgrin 

Looks like maybe you have smoothed the top up a bit.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Top came from a Waterbed's side frame...worm holes?   nah, just when ever I need to attach a jig

I  will just add the jig to the bench with a screw or two. 

have used a plane or two to keep the top flat enough to work with.   just added a coat of the BLO finish to it.....had the can of finish out, might as well  treat the top.

Bench itself took a Sunday afternoon to build.   Nice sunny day, did all the work out on the back patio...cost was about...$8 total.    mostly dumpster dived  wood.

Cool
Ok. No worm holes. Ck.

Old water bed. 1-1/2 lumber? Yea we had one of those. Made several projects from the wood.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I like it and how fast you do it to amazes me.

So why does the drawer front bow so much?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Pine being Pine....is all
Very good idea on the corner blocks. They'll keep the joinery from busting out under pressure. Legs do get kicked now and then. Once that pine darkens a bit (and it will over time) it will look very nice under that finish.

I'd have made the top overhang more, myself. Shaker tables usually had a significant overhang, and I don't think they usually rounded the corners of the tops. I think I would have eased them just a little but kept the corners angular. Is there any particular reason you made the top as you did?
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
More to match an existing  table on the other side of the bed...

Except the Boss didn't want a drawer with hers...
Finish is dry,and rubbed out..

Took the table outside, for better lighting...

But a tree decided to cast a shadow....
No

Hey!  The drawer works!
Rolleyes

Side view.  Finish is two coats of Poly gloss over one coat of Witch's Brew

The end that will go against the bedroom wall.  

Not too bad of a little project?
Confused

Cool
Cool 

I think I see one worm hole in that bench top.
Raised
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020