Grizzly Oscillating Spindle Sander issue
I've had the small Grizzly G0538 Oscillating Spindle Sander for several years and it does fine for occasional use.  Lately, though, the largest sanding sleeve (the one I use 90% of the time) has a tendency to "walk" off the rubber drum while I am using it (i.e. the sleeve slides up the rubber drum and comes off). I have tried tightening down the washer and the nut that locks the drum to the spindle as tight as possible, and it still doesn't stop the sleeve from coming off the drum.

Suggestions? Do sanding sleeves like this loosen over time?  Might the rubber drum have shrunk over time? I've thought about wrapping the drum in tape or something to beef up its diameter a few thousandths, but I worry that would provide for uneven sanding.

On a separate note, I've thought about replacing this tool a couple of times with a cast-iron top instead of laminate, but for some reason, it seems like all the manufacturers of OSSs have gone to some oddball small dustport size.  The 2-1/2" port on this unit is perfect for plugging my Shop Vac in.
You are entitled to your own opinions. Just not your own facts.
You could take off the paper and then turn it on and take 80grit paper and rough it up.  Or take it off and add one or two washers on the bottom and top  so it will tightened down more.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I had the same problem with a Delta Boss sander. I fixed it by adding an extra washer to the top under the nut. To hold the sanding sleeves on, the rubber spindles increase in diameter when they are compressed and the nut was bottoming out before there was enough compression.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(03-28-2017, 08:19 PM)KyleD Wrote: I had the same problem with a Delta Boss sander. I fixed it by adding an extra washer to the top under the nut. To hold the sanding sleeves on, the rubber spindles increase in diameter when they are compressed and the nut was bottoming out before there was enough compression.

^^^^^^^^^^

THIS
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy