Router Table Choices
I'm in the market for a new router table and I'm interested in opinions of the folks here.

Primarily I would much prefer to have a metal table top as opposed to any kind of MDF or laminate type top.
A good fence and a miter gauge are 'musts' as well.
A bench top type would be okay but I'd prefer a unit that has a sturdy legs set that brings the unit to a convenient working height.

Thoughts?
Super Industrial Strength

Larry
Here you go! The top can be purchased separately if you want to build your own cabinet.

Doug
I have a Jessum router table that I am very happy with. It does not meet your metal top requirement though.
If, like me, you're a hobby woodworker, this Bosch router table may be all you need. The table is larger than it looks in the picture. The fence works well. Gets lots of good reviews at Amazon, Home Depot, CPOBosch, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-RA1181-Benc...B000H12DQ6 -- detailed description near bottom

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/b1181rvu.html -- video near bottom
You are sure to get lots of opinions on this one, and here's mine.

A few years ago I found on craigslist a Bench Dog router table equipped with a cast iron top. It wasn't cheap - about $400 as I recall. But I had used a Bench Dog cast iron extension on my table saw for several years and was impressed with the quality. I believe that Rockler bought out Bench Dog and still sells some Bench Dog items. I wouldn't hesitate to buy Bench Dog again.

Have fun shopping!
I have Kreg table and lift. I am not a fan of the Kreg fence and would stay away from it-it tries to mimic a "T-square" style saw fence, with the T on the right side and a screw down knob on the left. It works, but........
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
About 10 years ago I purchased the CI Bench Dog table, wooden cabinet, lift fence etc. I have no complaints. You can see a picture of this older setup

here

I'd look for a used one. Unfortunately They don't offer this exact steup any longer.
It's fairly expensive, but I've been very happy with the General International Excalibur Deluxe. Cast iron top, good fence, great dust collection, etc.
I made my own from an old cast iron table saw top. Built it as an extension of my Unisaw so it would work with the Unifence.

[Image: shop-1_zpswjliawky.jpg]
Wood is good. 
MLCS has a couple Cast iron tops

Peachtree has a couple of TS cast table extensions if you want to attach to a TS.

Google cast iron router tables for plenty more options. Consider you will be paying a premium for something not needed though. I haven't heard of anyone with a well made top going bad in a long time. Back when I did, it had been abused, so don't use it for an anvil, and you should be ok.
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW