Unusual wood joint
Question 
Can anyone identify this type of wood joint? It appears that the round part is not a dowel. I has been cut from the end grain of the drawer front. The joint is on the drawers of a small cabinet/nightstand

Attached Files Image(s)

Machine drawer joint.  Cousin of the 1/2 blind dovetail. 

"Knapp Joint" as close as I come.

[Image: 211552.jpg]

Also Pin and Cove / Pin and Crescent

[Image: 878-561.jpg]
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I remember it as a "Pin and Scallop". But I bet it has many names other than the original "Knapp Joint".
When not made by some serious machinery, usually made with a jig like this one. Dowels are optional
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks. That's it. Its in a nightstand I inherited from my father. I was cleaning it the other day after taking it out of storage when I noticed the joint.
Also welcome to WoodNet and glad MM could help you.  Hope you stay and enjoy it here.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Those joints were used for a relatively short period. I had looked it up before to help data some family furniture.
If I recall correctly they were made between 1880 and 1900. At least the original Knapp joint.
MLCS sells a system that can replicate that type of joint (sim, not identical)
https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite...ystem.html