Square drive screws
I am needing to replenish some of my screw stock. No I am not going to change again to another drive configuration square is doing me just fine. Is McFeely's still the best place to get them? I know they are not the same after getting sold years ago but are there any other worthy players out there?
I asked that same question  some time back, and someone here suggested Quick Screws. I tried them, and actually didn't like their products as much as McFeelys. A lot of their stuff is combo head, and many of the screws are auger point...both qualities I don't want. So, I went back to McFeelys though i really am unhappy with the change of ownership. The last order I got from them over a year ago, the screws (the ones they had in stock) were just as good as the earlier ones. I'm fearful that will change but hoping it won't. I don't like the package labeling they now use, you can't easily tell what's in the box, they don't backorder out of stock, and shipping isn't as quick.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have been using Spax screws for quite a while. They are made of good steel, have a thin shank with sharp threads and a proprietary tip that they claim can be used without pre drilling (I still drill pilot holes). One of the best things about Spax screws is that they have a combo head. You can use either a square drive or a Phillips bit with them. McFeely sells them, but they are available lots of places.
Lee Valley sells original Robertson (Square Drive screws)

Got them, like them.

Roger
I have used McFeely and Spax and prefer Spax. They are spendy, however. Both work well. Of course they beat the big box screws by a mile in quality and price.
Same here with Spax. Good screws but pricey. I don't care what the of driver it has as long as it's not commonheaded. 

I buy boxes of general purpose screws at Aldi. They have some very nice ones in various sizes when they have them. They are either torx or PZ2 head and almost on part with the spax screws and they are cheap.
Another vote for Spax here. Awesome screws for general work. I get mine at Menards, they have a deep selection there. HD, and Lowes have them, but not too deep. Menards has them on sale fairly often. Tie that to an 11% off, and they blow McFeelys best deals down the drain.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(03-29-2017, 02:13 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: I buy boxes of general purpose screws at Aldi. .

Give me some direction here. Are they in Frozen Foods???? Canned goods??? What kinda Aldi's you got???
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(03-29-2017, 04:42 PM)Steve N Wrote: Give me some direction here. Are they in Frozen Foods???? Canned goods??? What kinda Aldi's you got???

When they have them..... They are in the what I call the oddball aisles. The one with all the odd stuff that changes weekly. They have had pressure washers, generators, tvs, digital calipers etc. It's super hit or miss but if you watch their site or app and keep checking the wendsday flier you may find them. 
         The drywall screws are way better than the depot stuff. Will take some pics in a bit. The larger screws are bugle head and quite strong.
Here are a couple pics. The drywall screw is a plain screw but the others have much more meat under the head making them much stronger. This is the top of a box I haul around with about 10 pounds of screws. The tray sits in a box with bulk screws underneath. I have a bunch in the shop supplies. I usually buy several boxes at a time when they have them. They are similar boxes to the ones that the walmart screws come in. Little square plastic box. I save the boxes hoping to find a use for them one day.
      I am a hardware hoarder. Any time I find good or odd hardware I buy it. Here are usually a few guys that show up to the swapmeets with 16' trailers full of fasteners. $2 a pound for most $3 a pound for tapcons and $4 for stainless. I stock up when I see them. They also have odd stuff like elevator bolts which are very handy all high quality stuff and aircraft stuff s I can buy rivets, nutplates, adel clamps etc.

[Image: IMG_20170329_175712_zpscck84vik.jpg][/img]

[Image: IMG_20170329_175522_zpsbe2qiifo.jpg][/img]