door installed
[Image: 20170309_164143_zps0nruysqs.jpg]

The unit went in without too much in the way of issues, I spent  a bit more time than expected getting the old unit out. If you ever do this yourself do not use PL whatever to glue the sill to the framing, it does no good and make the door hard to remove (I used a sawsall then chipped and chipped at the PL to get a useable surface.)

the exterior color was accomplished with Weatherwood restoration stain then three coats of Gemini clear satin topcoat for exterior surfaces. Everyone has been very pleased with the final product and the ability to manipulate the stain to get the color right.

I installed the brick mold after the unit was installed just in case I had to scribe it around a stone or two ( which I did) The one stone missing on the right literally fell out ( bad mortar work) and has since been replaced. the interior is golden oak stain ( no pics I was lucky to be allowed the exterior shot )  which matches nicely with the existing detail work in the entryway area.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Very nice work!
That sure looks like it belongs there, Joe.  Do you have any photos of how you built the door frame.  I'm interested to know if the frame is built up from pieces and how you cut the slot for the Q-Lon weatherstripping. 

John
Looks great. Really fits in well with the rock. That's OK on the interior pic as not many are fans of golden oak anymore.
Nice job Joe, that is a handsome door. Old Realtor pal used to say a a nice front door is an easy sale. Starts the place off with a good impression.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Looks great!

To help those who encounter this later,

Here's Joe's part 1: https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7328775

and here's part 2: https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7328843

These show how he made the door.
Agree, it really looks good!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Looks great Joe!
(03-29-2017, 02:05 PM)JGrout Wrote: If you ever do this yourself do not use PL whatever to glue the sill to the framing, it does no good and make the door hard to remove (I used a sawsall then chipped and chipped at the PL to get a useable surface.)

This.

Silicone. 

Huge difference. 

The guy that installed the our old patio slider used liquid nails. A half hour job, took 4 hours. 
Upset

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)