Laguna revo 18/36 lathe
Moving up from mini lathe to full size lathe: is this the one, or should I be considering something else?

[Image: laguna-revo-1836-lathe-600x600.jpg]
Phillip

Everyone looks at it and thinks it is a good lathe but I have not heard of anyone buying one.  Due mainly due to their horrible customer service and can not contact them if you need a part or question.

Hope there is someone who is lurking that might read this and respond.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-29-2017, 07:00 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Phillip

Everyone looks at it and thinks it is a good lathe but I have not heard of anyone buying one.  Due mainly due to their horrible customer service and can not contact them if you need a part or question.

Hope there is someone who is lurking that might read this and respond.

+1, I have only heard horror stories about their CS.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
I own other Laguna tools. I really like my Laguna tools. I don't like the customer service - it's just plain bad!
Been a Laguna customer since 2001 and have no complaints. I have the Laguna LT18 and the Laguna sliding table saw. The one time I had an issue with my band saw, and I called customer service, I got a call back within the hour with a workable solution and also a follow-up call to see if my issues were addressed.
Laguna has heard the complaints about their customer service long ago and decided to do something about it.
I am considering that same lathe also. This based on positive comments from another woodworking turning forum.
Stay safe and watch those fingers.

I did turn a few bowls on one once, and will do the club demo this month on one. It isn't a robust, but appears to be a good lathe. Laguna does sell through Woodcraft now, and I think their customer service is better than it used to be. I have the Laguna 16HD bandsaw and love it.

robo hippy
Mike

Nice to meet you and hope you hang around here more.  Thanks for the comment and letting us know about there CS
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I also do remember the bad press their customer service was given, especially by one person.

However there are several people that have bought the new 1836 and are very happy with them.

If there is one complain, it is that it is not tall enough for some very tall persons, but how hard is it to raise a lathe, on top of that, Laguna has a set to raise the lathe, bit expensive though IMO.

Read this and have an open mind on what you all hear.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.p...guna-lathe
Have fun and take care
Nice to see you back Leo.

I know about 2 or 3 years ago I had nothing good to say about them on how they treated me.  Just glad they are getting better.

I looked at the Revo 1836 before I bought my Jet 1640evs. The spindle threads and tail stock hand wheel put me off.
The Jet spindle looks more robust machined better

Attached Files Image(s)