Mission style desk chair plans/ideas?
I am just finishing up my NYW mission desk, and realized I don't have a chair to go with it. I did a fumed white oak finish with shellac and Arm-R-Seal topcoats. Can someone point me to a mission style or craftsman style desk chair plan, magazine article, design idea? My searching has been pretty sparse so far.

Thanks.
" The democracy will cease to exist when it becomes possible to take from those who work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
How about:
http://chestofbooks.com/crafts/popular-m...Chair.html

Or by Kevin Rodel. Plans in FWW.
[Image: 1805047651_656846e2e8_z.jpg?zz=1]
Dave that is nice, do you have a Ketchup workup on that? Maybe I won't be ripping off Moser.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve, are you referring to the Rodel chair? Unfortunately I don't have that SKP file anymore. That one was done 10 years ago and the HD it was one took a dump. I expect you can still get a copy of the article from FWW. As I recall, there were some funky dimensions. I wound up sort of re-engineering parts of it when I drew it.
Thanks, I'll look it up

GW
Thanks....I'll look up the Rodel article in FWW. I have that issue, but my searches didn't find anything....strange. Heck, there's even a short video on-line for part of it. Looks like a winner to me
Smile

Since the NYW desk has fairly "simple" lines, I would like something like this chair....maybe I can take general dimensions from the Rodel article and apply to this design, hmmm

[Image: 5cc4bffed0d43c41c56dd792f9f16d9a.jpg]
" The democracy will cease to exist when it becomes possible to take from those who work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
I expect with a few dimensions, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to reverse engineer that desk chair and create plans for it.
Two ideas....

https://www.etsy.com/listing/507551160/a...gallery_28

http://www.horizon-custom-homes.com/Miss...Chair.html
This was my initial response, but evidently this has 2 identical threads, but only one is getting used?

(03-30-2017, 04:50 PM)Steve N Wrote: In May I'm going to a 360 woodworking class to make this for LOML. Those guys rock, and hanging out with Glen, and Chuck is a laugh a minute experience. I am seriously considering something out of the Thomas Moser playbook I think his styles have a great symmetry, and the look would go nicely with Mission anything. Plus the only mission style chair I like is the Morris chair, and it's a tad laid back to be sitting in front of a desk. I was kind of thinking Hawthorne chair she is deciding arms or no.

[Image: MissionDesk.jpg]

GW
WOOD magazine had a series of Mission/A&C type plans some years back.  Dining chairs, Morris chair, sofa, etc.  I know the sofa is (was?) available for download from their site because I have it.