Stanley #6, type 11
OK. I need some help cleaning out my shop and I am willing to make it worth your while. I reached over in the pile of #6 bench planes and cherry picked the best one. Then I cleaned it down to the last screw and honed the blade sharp enough to shave with. And here the good news continues. We all know that type 11s were made from 1911-1918. Apparently this one was such a good user that it got a replacement blade when the original wore out. I know this because the blade is date stamped 238 for 2nd quarter of 1938. I never saw a date stamped blade that I did not like and this one is no exception. Lots of meat left on it. Japan finish is about 75% coverage. Rosewood is in good shape.

[Image: DSCN2690.jpg]

If this does not become your favorite plane, then my name is not Jimmy 2 Naps. Jump on it today because it will not last. At only $89 and I pack & ship for FREE. How can you go wrong? Those dang #7s are pretty heavy but you can push a #6 all day long. Cleaned, waxed, honed, ready to drive away and go to work for you.

[Image: DSCN2689.jpg]
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
PM Sent
Backup PM.

Doug