Band Saw Dust Collection
Also, thank you again to everyone for the ideas and advice. While power tools take a lot of the physical labor out of woodworking, they definitely can take some getting used to.
Just realized the photos didn't post. Sorry about that.

Attached Files Image(s)

You want the elbow to fit as close as possible around the blade on the bottom, but you want the top to be open so it can draw in air.  You need airflow in order to carry away the sawdust. 

John
Hi Jteneyck-
I don't know if you were responding to my photos, but just to clarify the inverted "y" that is positioned just under the table top provides for  three things; a pick up point for collection below the table, a connection for the 2-1/2" hose drawing from the bottom guard, and a connection for my 4" flexible collection hose that ultimately leads to my dust collector. Maybe I should have hooked up the 4" and that would have eliminated (any possible) confusion. If you were not responding to my photos, and I'm off base, then I apologize and just forget I just wrote
Smile 

Jay
No Jay, my comments were directed to the OP.  Sorry for any confusion.

John
I wrapped a piece of heavy wire around a 4" dust-collection hose about 5" or 6" from the end of the hose. I twisted the ends of the wire together so it would stay on the hose. I made a second loop of wire about 1" diameter on top of the hose. I hook the little loop of wire over the table alignment pin, which places the end of the hose near the lower guides. Cheap, easy, and suprisingly effective. 

--Geoff
[Image: IMG_1849.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1851.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1850.jpg]

More here.