wood cradle for undermount sink - plans??
Couldn't find any in cyberspace.

Putting in quartz counter-tops and sink [9" deep].

I want to be darn sure that sink doesn't come lose so I'm following advice from other homeowners who suggest building a wood cradle.

Just a simple 2x4 frame running the length of the sink and then shim it????????????

TIA!
You cover the tops of the cabinets in 5/8s ply which you can rout to allow for sitting the sink level with the ply and the counter goes on top of that
[Image: 20160916_143927_zps4hulkyjt.jpeg]
[Image: 20160916_182738_zps7yaajvtt.jpg]
These were attached to the ply with fasteners and bead of silicon between the sink and stone.  This allows for easy replacement

This next one the same as the first
[Image: Moskitchen_zps2ad1285b.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

For stainless or similar, Bob is right, the sink hangs from the sub-base. A farm sink is different and requires undermount support. Use plywood cleats, not 2x material.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Or use a Hercules mounting system....cheap and easy. These are very secure.

https://www.braxton-bragg.com/index.cfm/...bc/0,9096/
I have only used the undercount clips that go into slots cut in the granite. They have never failed and I have had no problem. Now if you have only 2cm granite and need plywood backer then I guess you have to go a different route. I have always used 3cm granite.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent