BIESEMEYER FENCE face
It is time to re-face my TS fence. All damage is surface only.
Options I see:
   1. remove and replace the laminate only
   2. remove laminate and plywood and replace with 1/2" HMUW plastic

I'm sure the WN brain trust has some great ideas.

Whatever I choose, there is a price to pay!  At least three major jigs will have to be remodeled.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
This is one place where the sawstop excels, with its fence you just unscrew a few Allen screws and pop a new face on.

If I was still running a beis, I would make a replacement head to mount a piece of 80/20 and have t track in my fence.

Duke
I'd go with the plastic. Probably never have to replace it again
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Baltic birch with or without laminate. I don't like using UHMW for fences as it will bow up in the areas without fasteners. The thicker it is the less but even 1" thick it will bow over time and your fence will be a little wavy.
(04-04-2017, 08:47 AM)Robert Adams Wrote: Baltic birch with or without laminate. I don't like using UHMW for fences as it will bow up in the areas without fasteners. The thicker it is the less but even 1" thick it will bow over time and your fence will be a little wavy.

Sounds like I need to cancel my order.  I really wanted use the UHMW but I do NOT want problems with the fence.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
You can do the plastic but don't over tighten it and it helps to use more screws. That will lessen the possibiloty of ripples in the plastic. If you crank down on the screws all bets are off. I have sseen a few factory made fences with UHMW that already had ripples in it, you could see small gaps between the plastic and steel fence. It also tends to move over time as well.
Hmmm. Never a problem with mine. Bought from peachtree 10-12 years ago. Attached with 4 screws/nuts on a mulecab fence
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I haven't had any problem with the uhmw fence faces on my Jet Exacta fence, in over 12 years. Haven't checked it with a straight edge in many years. It works. Everything I cut is right on. What more can I ask!
Actually if you are going to laminate it, then just a well picked piece of XYZ Borg ply with no air gaps will make a strong fence. Keep the BB for when you just want to wax it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW