If you hate cnc routers..
DIY router to plasma conversion prob would not be your thing lol.
Going to convert one of my cnc routers to cnc plasma. Going to run a Hypertherm Powermax 65 and a proma compact 150 thc. Looking at the velox za650p z axis as well. Very excited. Ill be designing a new bed setup too.

Anyone done this conversion or build? William? Gary?

Ordered a 083300 65 - has both machine and hand torches.

Super fun!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I haven't done exactly what you are with the same products. I did build our Plasma cutter using some CNC Router parts carriages. I did have to build a bed to go on it that we could swap out quickly to use it as a router for awhile.
Our old cnc router needed some new electronics and other work, so instead of replacing a few parts it needed, I built a CNC Router Parts kit instead.
It is not going to be a fun chore swapping between the router and plasma, but it can be done.
There are certainly different considerations for a plasma cutter. If you do not use a water table, you must evacuate the smoke and particles. A better option might be to keep it portable and only cut outside the shop or with a garage door opened and extra ventilation used. I chose the later with no water table, but do have plans to build an enclosure underneath at some point and exhaust through a wall.
I am interested to see what you come up with and how well it does for you. Good luck with it.
Lee
Lee I have two cnc routers so I am just converting the second machine one time.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.