Concrete pad
The concrete pad (16' by 20") between our pool and deck is cracking (center lengthwise) and we are looking to put teak tiles over the pad. Our 80 pound Labrador loves (relentlessly) to fetch toys out of the pool, I'm worried a teak tile might not stand up to that type of punishment. We are also considering ceramic tiles too. Anyone even dealt with this issue? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
If the concrete is cracked the tile will also crack.
It all depends why the cracking is occurring. Are there control joints cut/formed into the slab? If not, it's possible they are shrinkage cracks and stable. It's also possible it's a settlement or other issue which will telegraph through the tile. Tough to tell without laying eyes on it
I assume youre referring to the floating teak tiles available? teak wood is strong, durable and rot resistant. im not sure which punishment concerns you- the water or rex running on it a lot, but,imo, it would be a good choice for what ya want IF its not going to be permanently attached.
I'm not really sure what exactly you are asking, but with regard to the wood surface, 80-90 pound dogs running on and jumping from wooden floors will leave lots of scratches.
(04-05-2017, 01:25 PM)joe1086 Wrote: I'm not really sure what exactly you are asking, but with regard to the wood surface, 80-90 pound dogs running on and jumping from wooden floors will leave lots of scratches.

And maybe give the dog splinters.

I would use some sort of composite decking.  Here is a pool forum with a discussion on that:  http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index....e-decking/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
My friend was facing the same issue.
Concrete cracks. It just does.

So will tile if you bond it to the concrete. 

Can you get away with something thicker than tile? Like large pavers? I've used large 1x1, 1x2 and 2x2 pavers over concrete and used just enough landscaping adhesive to hold them in place. The idea is that when the concrete moves, the adhesive breaks, not the paver. Then I sweep in polymer paver sand and wet it to lock it all into place.

There is also a product where you lay down a plastic grid over the concrete and pavers set into the grid so it floats like a laminate floor and move independently of the concrete pad. Not sure where to buy it.

These are the pavers I used over my cracked front patio. They are ordered online and shipped from the manufacturer to your home on a pallet. You'll ether want to secure (glue) down the perimeter tiles or use some sort of border/edging to lock it all together.

This is the patio we did at the old house with those pavers. 
[Image: frontporch013.jpg]

[Image: xxx032_zpse708ba77.jpg]
You can see the crack in this photo... also the bonus "turned" posts which were found behind the aluminum wrapped square posts.

[Image: frontporch001.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Be careful with the ceramic tiles around a pool. Had a friend do that, using a tile with a surface that wasn't supposed to get slick, and after the third fall tore them all out and went back to concrete. If you can use a natural product (e.g., stone) it does work better - we just redid our pool and used flagstone in the pool deck - not a smooth surface and no slip (though not inexpensive either).

As for the cracking, as others have said, if the concrete cracks so will what's on top of it if bonded. I've seen some use expandable mortar joints (similar to around a pool coping edge) and it helps but has to be refreshed every few years if you don't like the look of separations.