New Hand Plane Till
Now that I’ve been retired for over 5 months
Big Grin I finally have had some time to work on organizing tools and shop space. I just finished the hand plane till. It’s nice to have everything all organized and in one place.

This was all my own design and built for the ever decreasing space to put tools and equipment. It’s built out of birch plywood and banded with hardwood, anchored to the wall with lag screws. I put gussets on the back for bracing and support so it did not have to be anchored at the top. The upright is also screwed together along the edge for added support and closed up any small gaps between the upright and the box top.

I estimate the combined weight is some where near 150 pounds. After I got it mounted before loading it up I hung off it with my entire weight of 200 pounds and it didn’t budge so I figured I’d have no problem with the planes.

[Image: 1HPT_zpsbvffn8os.jpg]

[Image: 2HPT_zps8lylp6dv.jpg]

[Image: 3HPT_zpsafdthmab.jpg]
Very nice, and a nice collection of LN planes too.
Very nice!
Ag
I see what you did here.

Sneaky gloat thread...

Smile
Looks like you need a sign, LOT FULL

It's functional, and looks to be of sound construction, nice job.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I can see why you tested the weight holding...if that thing ever fell it could really bring tears to your eyes. Well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Simple yet elegant, you should have left a couple of open spaces...

Andy

-- mos maiorum
Do I spy pocket screws on the back panel for a hand tool till?  For shame!

Seriously, though, nice job and looks like you will be needing more storage in the not too distant future.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Quote:Stokes77

I see what you did here.
Sneaky gloat thread... 

Gloat wasn't intended but then I guess it could be called a stealth gloat 
Wink

Quote:Adnick
Simple yet elegant, you should have left a couple of open spaces...

Yea, I thought about leaving some "reserve space" but I think I'm good with my current LN family 
Smile
Over the last year I've expended my near term tool budget on planes, domino floating tenon tool, router bits, saw blades and sharpening setup.

Quote:AHill
Do I spy pocket screws on the back panel for a hand tool till?  For shame!

Yes you did
Smile It was either that or have screws showing from the top and side of the box or... counter bore and plug to hide. By the time I got this finished I was ready for it to be done so I could do some not tool projects using the planes. I figure I have a week in it from breaking down the plywood to mounting it on the wall.
Second plane from the left needs to be switched with the fourth plane from the left for an orderly progression!!!!! 
Sarcasm

Just upsets my sense of balance
Big Grin

Very nice
Smile
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green