Oak Jewelry Chest
My daughter set up a Facebook page for my shop last summer. Fair enough, eh? What this has done is kept me busy making things to post every week as part of #WoodShopWednesday. It's both blessing and curse.

This week we finished off a tall jewelry chest. Daughter (the other) started this while at college in Chicago. It's based off an older design she liked. The oak makes for a solid, heavy piece. She'll be adding felt/velvet drawer liners, ring posts, and necklace hooks later.

If I had started this from scratch, there are a few design adjustments I'd make. But the overall project came out just fine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy, that doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.
www.WestHillsWood.com
www.HOPublishing.com
FACEBOOK: #WoodShopWednesday
That's a nice piece.
The side doors are a clever design feature.
Flock, don't felt.

Nice design.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
"But the overall project came out just fine." I'd say that was a huge understatement, really nicely done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.