Electric motor
Need a new 1 1/2 hp motor for my table saw. Does anyone have experience with Harbor Freight motors? Less than 1/2 the price of anywhere else. OK or a total waste of money. Thanks for any input. Retired and want to save money, but do not want a piece of junk either.
I don't have any experience with HF motors but some things you have to consider when changing motors is frame size to ensure the new motor will bolt up to your saw, RPM, and shaft size.
Doing it right cost less than doing it over
I believe Grizzly sells a myriad of motors with all mount types.
Check EBay.  I've seen brand new, US name brand motors listed there for no more than ones sold by HF.  You just might get lucky. 

John
Plus one for EBay.
Don
My Amish neighbor just gave me a 1 1/2 motor off a craftsman table saw. In excellent condition. You can have it for the cost of shipping. Pm me
Watch Amazon warehouse, I got a high end motor for the price of HF. It had a dent in the end housing that didn't hurt anything

I checked, it was a Baldor 2HP for $155
Thanks Perchriver for the offer, But I found one on Craiglist today for$45.