bookcase plans
Gerald, I got started on your plans earlier than I told you I could.  How much detail do you need in them? What do you want to make them from? Do you want to use box joints at the corners or would you be game for something else?
A modest amount of detail would be appropiate.
I had figured on box joints at the corners but I am opent to suggestions.

Incidently, the case should be 31" wide and approximately 84" high.
It will be painted and I had planned to use 1x8 pine.

Thanks again.
(04-12-2017, 08:09 AM)geraldonj Wrote: A modest amount of detail would be appropiate.
I had figured on box joints at the corners but I am opent to suggestions.

Incidently, the case should be 31" wide and approximately 84" high.
It will be painted and I had planned to use 1x8 pine.

Thanks again.

Are you going to glue up the 1x8s to make wider panels or are you expecting the case to be only 7-1/2 in. deep?
Iwas going with the 7.5" depth.
OK. 7-1/2 in. it is. 1/4 in. ply for the back?
Yes, 1/4" ply for the back.
That is so cool to offer your expertiese with a plan . Gary
(04-11-2017, 05:05 PM)ModSE Wrote: Gerald, I got started on your plans earlier than I told you I could.  How much detail do you need in them? What do you want to make them from? Do you want to use box joints at the corners or would you be game for something else?

I also am interested.  The only detail I need is the angles.  Actually, I was going to figure that out from the pic, but if you are already doing it, and are willing to share, I would appreciate it.  I am not 100% sure I will build one, but I need a place to store CD's/DVD's, and I like the style.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I agree , would be great for DVD's , I also have 4 grand kids that this would suppliment their rooms . So count me in for a copy of plans . We can always adjust to fit our sizes . Thanks again . Gary
    Finally done, thanks to great plans from Dave Richards.

Sorry for the poor picture. I am afraid my photography skills are not any better then my wood working skills.