CBN wheel on slow grinder
Got a flyer from Grizzly today and they have an 8 inch grinder on sale. Will my CBN wheels work on a 120 rpm grinder?

My current 1725 rpm grinder is on it's last leg. Bearings going bad and it is getting slower and slower getting up to speed. Brushes?
Nope not even fast enough.  You would need a lot more RPM than that.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Well, I am wondering about that grinder. The Tormek and other wet wheel clones spin pretty slow. Just went to the shop and checked mine out and it runs about that speed. They run a 10 inch diameter wheel on them, and there are CBN wheels made for those grinders. They are not good for any rough shaping, but fine for a profiled tool. I use mine on my kitchen knives. Most seem to be using the Rikon grinders, which seem to be fairly good quality for a bargain price. Woodcraft carries them. Smaller one is 1/2 hp, and the larger is 1 hp, which is one of the grinders I use. Most slow speed grinders run at 1750 or so rpm, and the high speed grinders run at 3600. 

robo hippy
I built one and purposely slowed it down,don't know the rpm but its very slow. Works fine

Just came in from the shop. The motor is 1050 rpm and I've reduced it by almost half with pulleys.Won't peal off a bunch of metal but i've used it exclusively for about 3 years to maintain cutting edge on all my HSS tools. only takes about 10 secs to get tool ready again. Oh , the reason I slowed it down is to eliminate sparks in the shop and to incorporate Robo Hippies rest. All I used since I got it
Well, of course it would work, but it would just take a lot longer than a 1725 RPM grinder.  In fact, it might be totally fine, because CBN is pretty aggressive, and on a slow speed grinder (1725 RPM), you have to maintain a pretty light touch when sharpening.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill