Help finding thimble cutter
Craft Supplies used to sell (see link below) a tapered round nose cutter to use when turning thimbles.  I meant to get one, and promptly forgot about it.  Now I am looking for one and can't seem to find it.  Does anyone know where I can get one?

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/65/...ble-Cutter

Thanks,

HB
Harold, send me your address and I will get mine in the mail to you.
Joe
I have had a few ladies ask me to make some for them and the link you gave is what I was going to get also when I could afford it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Good for Joe to send you his

What they are is a very specific ball-end mill (I have one). IMO they are slightly too small. The problem is I could not find one that was say 1/32 or 1/16 larger. 1/8 yes, but my measuring suggests that too large.

If anyone needs I'm certain Joe or I could pass along the exact size, they should be available via MSC or other metal working supply house.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
oh man, that's kinda a shame they're not around anymore, but i do agree they could be a HAIR bigger.  i've used mine a few times, and it still cuts like butter.  
Yes
I thought I had enough time to buy one and now that the subject was brought up and theirs is no longer for sale I did a google search and nothing came up.
Angry

Someone has to sell them.  I guess I can turn one the old way.  Does anyone know the size/s I need to make them to?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Diverjo,

You have PMs disabled.  You can email me at Harold.beck "at" areva.com.

Thanks in advance,

HB
https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/04356333

That is a 5 degree per side, don't know if the original is 2.5 degree per side. Either way, you can select it on the left side.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Thanks Mark

That price is outrageous at $107.  Now that I know the size I will just try to turn my own with scrapers and spindle gouge.

It may not be ideal but could a guy grind a drill bit to the right size and shape?  
Rodney