Compost Mahal
I had been working on small detailed boxes and decided it was time to work bigger. My previous compost pile had evolved into a huge monster after my municipality decided to stop offering free leaf mold and my response was to make more of my own. But the pile was really placed in the middle of my work place aisle near the back of my lot (and next door to my detached garage shop) and needed to be moved.

[Image: pile%20before_zpsyof0kspn.jpg]

I found a bunch of lower grade black locust boards and came home with 5/4, 6/4 and some 8/4 for the posts. The frame is held together exclusively by pegged M&T joints (no glue) and then low grade resawn 5/4 - ended up close to 1/2" thick - "pickets" were attached with stainless steel screws. The new bin has two ends and together with the old concrete ash pit (filled with freshly harvested compost!) across the aisle I now have a 3 bin system. 

[Image: compost%20bin%20frame_zpsatkruued.jpg]

[Image: compost%20filled_zpsnd1mzyyd.jpg]

Okay, I admit this is not fine woodworking as most of us think of it, but nice materials with decent joinery makes a pretty satisfying outdoor diversion from making small boxes.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
How do you roll that
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

I gave up the backbreaking work to compost a few years ago, and can say the rollers are the BOMB
Yes
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I had one of those thick black plastic compost rollers, which was great until the local bear found it...
                  -Howard
Bear takes an interest in most anything it would end badly for the thing.
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW