A1 steel question
I was recently given the newest version of a Stanley 62. I have checked it out and used it for a few weeks. It seems to function very well. My understanding is that the blade is A1. Does anyone know if these blades are Cryogenically treated like Hock blades? I would call Hock, but I hate to take up his time without a sale- his site states that his blades will not fit this plane. 

Thanks
It's A2 steel and it's not cryogenically treated.  Most users can't really tell the difference between cryogenically treated and non-treated blades.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Quality control on the new Stanley planes is iffy at best, but the A2 irons are not bad. They are reasonably easy to hone and stay sharp for quite a while, especially if you use a microbevel. It seems to make the cutting edge less fragile.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com