Peachtree CI Router Wing - Installed
Steve N. made me aware of Peachtree's CI Router Wing a week or so ago.  It looked like a quality table at a reasonable price, so I ordered one.  It arrived yesterday and I installed it last evening in about an hour total, most of the time going to boring the router plate for my Bosch 1617 router. 

The router plate was very well packaged in dense cardboard and arrived with no damage.  Inside, the wing was wrapped in plastic and well oiled with no rust.  A parts package was included for mounting the wing to many 3 hole and 4 hole TS's.  The parts package also included leveling screws for adjusting the included 3/8" thick plastic router plate flush with the table surface, cams for eliminating slop between the router plate and casting, and bolts and plastic wing nuts to hold a fence in the slots milled in the wing.  An installation manual also was included.  It is OK as far as getting the wing mounted to your TS, but makes absolutely no mention of what all the other parts are for.  But it's pretty obvious where everything goes so I had no trouble.  Still, the instructions are poor. 

The wing is beautifully ground and was dead flat as far as I could tell with my straight edge laid at different angles on it.  It mated up perfectly with my Sears TS.  My old shop built wing is lying on the TS, for reference.  The new wing is about 3" wider, but most of that is at the back, so I didn't get as much additional useful area on the normal working side as I had hoped. The new wing has a miter slot; my old one didn't though I never felt compromised w/o one.  

[Image: 8SVKyeKLlxGX_aTL6eTEFnhRtw-kGS09JYYV2Lck...38-h628-no]

[Image: 2HAdR3RJZa2vOb6NwmoHtHqLNJbjlZNfFNg85jWW...38-h628-no]

You can buy this wing with an included fence, for an additional $100 or so.  I didn't feel that was useful for me; I'll stick with my TS and shop built fences.

[Image: 6TCHS-GrYfN5nyjMYO-4WPKYjcFAKjR6OqToKBHR...38-h628-no]

When I get a chance I'm going to add some under table dust collection based on a design someone recently posted.  I haven't used the wing yet, but everything is flat and flush so it should do what it's intended to w/o issue.  I paid about $269 for it delivered to my door.  

John
I've had my eye on a cast iron router table with insert for a while, my biggest concern is what lifts will fit each of the different offerings.

I'm also going to mount it to a sawstop so I'd really like for someone to come out with one that's 30" wide.
I currently have a 27" wing mounted with 80/20 on both sides filling the gap and while that has its benefits I'd rather have one a full 30" wide.

Yours looks really good.

Duke
That looks really nice, John. I find the miter slot handy for attaching feather boards. I don't use it for much else.
Very nice John.  I think you'll like it,  I haven't had any regrets since I bought mine. I see they have upgrade the insert plate too.

John
John, do you think the dust chute you suggest on the mortiser would work there? You have to report back after a while to let us know what you think of the table. I've never been able to talk myself into it, not from a quality perspective, just how I use a TS I guess.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Hi Steve.  I'm not sure if the blue silicone boot will work on this plate.  I have to check the diameter of the velcro ring that mounts to the plate.  The router plate has a really large opening so you can run large panel raising bits, which I like, but it might be too large for the blue boot.  I'll report back after I get a chance to look at it.  Lots of work at the moment and not a lot of time, so chips are going wherever they want for now.  

John
OK, I had to do some template routing so I looked at the blue silicone boot.  It does indeed work with the Peachtree router plate and my Bosch 1617 router.  However, the boot has an ID of just over 2-1/2", so that's the largest size bit you can use with it.  For large panel raising bits another approach would be needed.  I was using a 3/4" pattern bit so it worked fine, and there was no dust on the floor afterwards which is a big improvement over what I did before - nothing. 

John
You could probably just cut a tube the diameter of your DC hose at an angle, and attach it however you can for the bigger diameter bits, and just get what you can pull from the side. Then for smaller bits use the blue boot as you know it will work well. Either that or attach your tubing to something much bigger than you need, and rely on both gravity, and suction to capture your dust/chips.

[Image: w1001.jpg]

[Image: 410X9ZYWkdL._SY355_.jpg]

[Image: 460_300.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Nice looking setup, John! 
Yes Will this top accommodate a Woodpecker PRL plate?

Thanks,

Doug
(04-15-2017, 10:57 AM)Tapper Wrote: Nice looking setup, John! 
Yes Will this top accommodate a Woodpecker PRL plate?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, the Peachtree plate is 9-1/4" x 11-3/4" and 3/8" thick.  The leveling screws would allow use of a thinner plate.   Go from there.  

John