Planes Identification
Anybody know what these are?  I do woodworking but I don't know much about handtools and want to sell these.  What are they worth?

[Image: 20170412_195014.jpg][Image: 20170412_195008.jpg][Image: 20170412_195001.jpg][Image: 20170412_194947.jpg][Image: 20170412_194931.jpg]
Left one looks like a Millers Falls copy, right one is a stanley #3 I believe.

Look at around $20 or so for them.  Depending where you are in the country.  

Does the stanley Have a number on it?
I'll look for number when I get home.  $20 for both?

Thanks.  I'd keep them because I like vintage tools but no room.
There's nothing exceptional about them.  Depending on where you live, they are $15 or so for the #3, and $5 or so for the other one, it has very little value.  Some people will pay more, but that's pretty close.

I can't tell scale from the pic.  If the Stanley is a #2 by chance, it could be $100-$125 or so in price.
appreciate the info. Thanks. Want to pass them along so they get cleaned up and used.
(04-13-2017, 10:37 AM)JKimel Wrote: I'll look for number when I get home.  $20 for both?

Thanks.  I'd keep them because I like vintage tools but no room.

All the value is in the Stanley, the other one is a door stop.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
yes, but a vintage door stop 
Yes
(04-13-2017, 11:15 AM)Admiral Wrote: ...the other one is a door stop.

To the original poster: if your plan is to keep and use them, clean the "door stop" up.  You may find it's quite a usable plane.
On that #4...check the iron to see what is stamped on it.    lateral level looks like a late model Sargent/ Hercules.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
The one on the left looks very similar to a #9 Shelton I have. It could be a Craftsman BL (budget line). It has been stated to clean around the top of the blade to be sure.