An 1880s caster
There was a previous question about piano casters and it reminded me about the casters on my Grandmother's jelly cabinet. The cabinet was made sometime around 1890 just before her birth. It was made of hand planed walnut where you could see the planing marks inside (No pics) Anyway while moving it we noticed the cast iron casters. They swivel and they tilt. The tilt is what really caught our eye. Never seen any caster that do that. Notice how the swivel is a roller running in a track. 
[attachment=1974][attachment=1971][attachment=1973]
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Has the cabinet got any marks as to who the maker was? Pretty heavy duty foot for a jelly cupboard, which usually din't move in a household. I'd wonder if the cabinet wasn't used in some manner in a commercial setting, probably to do with food, but something where the product was made in stages, and pushed along in the cupboard.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
As I remember there were no maker marks on the caster. There was a patent number, badly cast, that was almost readable. I do not believe this was ever anything commercial. As I said it was handmade near Bonner Springs KS. It was in a cabin and the floors were probably not very smooth or even. These casters would perhaps work well in that situation.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.