Back after a long hiatus
Remember your work flow/machinery placement.
Material in, cutoff/ripping, assembly, finishing, product storage and out
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-04-2017, 09:29 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Remember your work flow/machinery placement.
Material in, cutoff/ripping, assembly, finishing, product storage and out

Yep.  Photo taken from the garage door entry, wood storage will go there against the wall.  Will build chop saw station nearby, then flowing forward to the jointer,  planer,  and drum sander.  Tablesaw is in the middle.  I'm building an assembly table, and finishing tent to left of that.

Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Danny, for my spray booth I built a 10'x10' frame with 2x4's and wrapped it with clear 6 mil plastic. This allowed me to avoid buying explosion proof lights. I put in two 20x20 HVAC filters for the air in and a 2000cfm fan for exhaust. It was cheap and works like a charm. One a wall gets caked with finish just rip it off and put on a new sheet of plastic and seal it to the floor and other walls with duct tape. It is also easy to expand should I need to go bigger for a larger piece.
Congrats Danny!  It's going to be a nice setup with that much space and the high ceilings.  Don't forget about security.  New businesses are often high on a thief's list.  It sounds like you're in a communal work area - are there any on-site patrols at night, cameras, limited access after hours, etc.?

Lonnie
(05-05-2017, 01:04 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: Congrats Danny!  It's going to be a nice setup with that much space and the high ceilings.  Don't forget about security.  New businesses are often high on a thief's list.  It sounds like you're in a communal work area - are there any on-site patrols at night, cameras, limited access after hours, etc.?

Lonnie

Agree, I have a monitored alarm system, the landlord lives onsite, and I have fire/theft/liability insurance.
Electrician completed the 220 and 110 outlets today, I now have power!

The shop already had a few 110 outlets at several locations, but I needed several 220 volt outlets on separate circuits for the main stationary tools.

Attached Files Image(s)

Congrats Danny. Hoping everything goes as planned.

Cool

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Thomas A. Edison
So my plan has taken a slight detour, I've decided to take on some engineering work, full time, for the rest of the year.  A great opportunity came along, very interesting work associated with a new offshore platform.  The assignment location is 10 minutes from my house.  

This will also give me a chance to get the shop up and running and focus on design and marketing.  It's amazing how long it takes to set up a good shop from scratch, even when you have the tools.  So I'll continue setting everything up on weekends and every other Friday.

Cool

Nothing wrong with that. Gives you a chance to get everything organized with no pressure.

Ed