For those of you with left tilt saws which do you prefer?
I have both saws in left tilt was curious as to how they compared as I haven't hooked up the Uni and from what I have read here I won't be.  It will hit CL later this week.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-18-2017, 05:35 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have both saws in left tilt....

Stealth gloat?  
Raised

Big Grin
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

nope sad addiction I am trying to remedy.  If I created a list of just the cabinet saws I might get committed
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I've always had the left tilt. What can you do with a right tilt you can't do with a left tilt? The fence rides on both sides- I've cut on both sides.
(04-19-2017, 12:51 PM)daddo Wrote: I've always had the left tilt. What can you do with a right tilt you can't do with a left tilt? The fence rides on both sides- I've cut on both sides.

When you move your fence to the right to gain more crosscut capacity you can still do everything you could before hand with the right tilt but not with the left tilt. 

If I find a right tilt saw for the right price my current saw will hit the scrap pile!
"...cuttin' your presidency off right now. Just quit. Because if this is you helpin' us, then stop helpin' us."
FWIW, Chris Schwarz's most recent blog is a review of his SawStop which he's had 3+ years.  In his review, he says the PM66 is perhaps the most perfect table saw design ever, and that if it had the SS technology, he'd gladly pay 2x the price of a SS for it.  That's a pretty good endorsement for the PM.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Schwarz's blog post on the SawStop/PM 66 was from April 16, but from 2016. Here is a link to the article if anyone is interested.
Interesting and informative article by Chris, as usual. Never used a PM66 but I've never heard a critical word uttered about one. I thought his last sentence was quite telling. FWIW my tablesaw is the left tilt version and thus far I've seen no reason to consider changing.

Doug
(04-19-2017, 11:26 PM)AHill Wrote: FWIW, Chris Schwarz's most recent blog is a review of his SawStop which he's had 3+ years.  In his review, he says the PM66 is perhaps the most perfect table saw design ever, and that if it had the SS technology, he'd gladly pay 2x the price of a SS for it.  That's a pretty good endorsement for the PM.

It's worth noting that Chris was comparing a 3hp PCS with the stock Professional fence, not an ICS, or even a PCS with the T-Glide fence.  I can't help but wonder what his impression of the ICS would have been.
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....