Fujikawa chisels
Has anyone tried the Fujikawa Japanese chisels from Woodcraft?  They appear to be the “economy” grade described thus in the TOOLSFROMJAPAN website. 
“An economy grade chisel made by Fujikawa, these 'Maruya' chisels trade some of the finer elements found in their higher grade 'Yasaku' chisel in order to give the best performance to cost ratio they can manage.”  They are  laminated “whitesteel”.
I wanted to try a Japanese chisel but the$60 to $70 Matsumatas seem high given I have spent a bunch on tools lately.
I was also looking at a Pfeil Swiss Made Western chisel. 
Any ideas on these two chisels?  Mike
I have had a few sets of Japanese chisels and have to say that none of them were bad. My current set of users is the set from Grizzly. I beat on those things all the time and they keep coming back for more. The Fujikawas at Woodcraft look OK in the pictures. A whole set seems a little spendy but in line for good ones. You could always buy a small one and check it out.

Have you checked Tools for Working Wood? They have a good line. I have the Iyoroi set and they are the bomb. In fact, they are just too nice to use.

Japanese chisels

Good luck in your quest. Be sure to pick up a proper hammer for your set.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I bought a bunch (10) from someone on the SnS for $200. Pretty sure they are, or match the Woodcraft product. I like them considering I prefer bashing $20 rather than my $80 Veritas. You will spend more time sharpening and honing Japanese steel, however.

Tried a Grizzly first (China?) and was not pleased. Thin laminate and very brittle.
My own Japanese chisels were purchased decades ago, so I don't know what brand they are. But they have given excellent service. I don't think you have to spend a lot to get a good set.

[Image: chisels-plus-1_zpsmn4sop4u.jpg]
Wood is good. 
I am going to talk to Woodcraft to see if the Fujikawa  are  economy or the better grade (if they know)  and those Iyoroi are a very good price for "blue steel".
Bought a Fujikawa 12 mm as there was a $10 off $25 purchase coupon.  Can't wait for it to arrive and see what it is like.  I sharpened up my chisels and found that my Narex was better than my preIrwin Marples and for some reason one Marples sharpens betteer than the other which will be replaced by the new 12 mm.  Tell you more later after it arrives.