About Fractional burning
On a few turning sites I have asked several people if they have tried doing some very light carving lines in the wood or a figure of some kind so the water and solution can sit in it.  I was just wondering if the burning would follow the cut lines which should follow the lines with the water in them.

Anyone try this?

Also I have a 12,000 or 15,000 neon light transformer and wondered of anyone would be able to put it all together for us and I will send the parts and a check for mailing back.

Thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
There are a number of clips up on You Tube about doing this. They do stress that this can be very dangerous, and you need some one with a good working knowledge of electricity to set it up for you. There have been a number of fatalities by 'amateurs'. 

robo hippy
I have one but have not played around with it much.  I have the neon type but it came all wired and I would not try to do it myself. 
You may be able to cut a groove (chip carve?) for it to follow but too much or too little water and it will not burn.
This video is pretty good and he shows how he "directs" the burn to the general direction he wants it to go.
Before I do much I am going to get some rubber mats for everything to sit on.
Be safe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6cjp0yvAiY
I'm not a fan of it. For starters, it is dangerous. I know of a fatality in OH of an artist killing himself. More recently, there was a high school student seriously injured in a shop class, don't know the final outcome of that. The student was using a commercially available unit. The effect can be stunning but requires zero talent and pretty much everybody not named Jim is doing it. Though last I heard Jim was going to try it to.
Steve K

You need not be worried about the safety since I already do.

I have some linemans gloves rated at 50k volts
Rubber mats under the wood and under the feet.
I also have a arc flash shield
last I do not plan on touching the probes and have a dead man pedal for the floor to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Hey Arlin you might want to think this over until you come to the conclusion electrocution isn't the way you want to check out.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Thank you for everyone concern and I really appreciate it a lot but I know I can do it safety if I can get one made.  I know they sell them complete for $300 but that is way over the budget and I can build my own housing to keep it safe and hands away to.